Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Dad

This is my teddy bear dad ~ Dennis. He loves reading, boating, fishing, hunting, eating, cooking, his girls, his son-in-law (Tom made me put that....but it is true), his granddaughters, his mean little dog and lovely cats, football, baseball, golf, bowling, horseshoes, RVing, gardening and life in general.
He climbed Mt. Elbert in Colorado last summer. It is the highest peak in the Rocky Mountains of North America. It is the 2nd highest mountain in the contiguous USA after Mt. Whitney (only 65 feet higher) in CA. He loves football and has watched it for at least twice as long as I have, but I still seem to win the football league every year. That's my plaque, until and if someone else can win it... Tom, Leslie, Dad, Jeni????
And today is a very special day.....today is the 6 month anniversary since my dad collapsed from a sudden cardiac arrest (different from a heart attack) and survived. He is truly only here because of a few people with big hearts and the courage to stop and help, and this little defibrillator.....an AED. (It was used on him before the ambulance and/or any paramedics even arrived.) Only 6% of people survive what my dad went through. He is our miracle.
~ So, Happy 6 Month Anniversary, Sweet Dad ~
We love you.

3 Comments:

Stacey and Bill

I love your Dad too. I am glad to see he is doing so well. I am also so glad to see that he is living life to the fullest. What a great family you come from! -Stace

The Wades

What an awesome story! I learned about those defibrillators in CPR class. So very cool that it worked on your dad.

He sure has a lot of hobbies. Sounds like a great person. Thanks for sharing.

Sherrie

What a blessed post, thank you Keri and love to you Uncle Dennis & Leslie!!