Tom and I had the honor of attending the 2010 Governors' Ball last night.
It was a wonderful evening with dancing, silent auctions, live auctions, lovely food (see the fancy menu above), and super cool people.
The charities that will benefit from last night are Big Brothers & Big Sisters and Noon Day Ministry "Alex Fund".
The Alex Fund provides assistance to help improve the conditions of children who are homeless or living in the home of working poor. This program provides the basic necessities, rental assistance, food, clothing, essentials, and school supplies to children in need.
Under the supervision of Noon Day Ministries and the Noon Day board of directors the Alex Fund was founded in 2004 in loving memory of 5 year old Alex Layer. Alex at the age of five gave in prayer, and action to those in need. His fund stands in memorial tribute to Alex Layer and his testament of giving in life.
We knew sweet Alex and we love his family BIG time.
4 Comments:
I would say it sounds like fun -- the food and the dancing especially -- but I haven't worn a tux since our son's wedding and I don't ever plan to again.
You guys look great.
Dan
Gorgeous couple! I bet you were the cutest, sweetest people there.
Do you have pictures of your girls in your closet? Is that precious or what?!
What Michelle said!! You both look gorgeous!!
you both look great
r
Post a Comment