Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge

Tom had Saturday off and Kali did not have soccer so we decided to take a .....
Road Trip!
We called up Grandpa and Grandma A. and we toured the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge.
We took a 12 mile audio auto tour.
They had excellent winter viewing of wetland wildlife.
Do you see the cute little turtle peaking at you here? Click the picture to enlarge it.

I don't know birds so well..... there are either two cranes or two heron in the above picture. Can you find them? (I've got a camera that barely zooms!)
I LOVED this tree. Can you imagine how pretty it is in the summer?
The picture below does not give justice to the experience of seeing so many of these Sandhill Cranes lifting off.
Michelle and Regina (camera lovers), check out the lens-thingy below!
The Visitor Center says that this week at the park there are 6 Bald Eagles. Do you think maybe this guy below is one..... I was so wishing I had more Zoom, or a pair of binoculars.
The clouds built up. It added to the awe.
We also spotted deer, turkey and geese. It was really thrilling.
OH! As we left, several of the ducks mooned us! Or technically, dived for food!
Hasta La Vista.

4 Comments:

Dan and Betty

Keri, great pictures. That's a great place. We have a friend coming in from Ohio in February and we'll probably take her down there.

I can't help you with the unidentified birds. I know bald eagles well, but I can't tell from that picture.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Sherrie

Awesome blossoms!

The Wades

We have been wanting to go there. You guys do the most awesome things ALL THE TIME!! Again, I want to be one of your daughters.

Thanks so much for the camera shot. I just showed Max. I'm thinking I need that lens, what do you think? Love ya

Regina

yeah, michelle is way more of a camera lover than myself. i dont really know what i am doing...she actually really wants to learn!
looks pretty!!
you should NOT be doing WOW
r